Once we got our tree together we had a small gaggle or friends over to decorate.
We ended up with three trees: the real tree, the mini tree of the teenager’s special ornament selection, and the “Who” tree, our artificial tree decorated like a tree from Whoville.
The wines I reviewed earlier:
Wines from the Tree Trimming Party
We even invited some neighborhood dogs, Buddy and Sobaka.
- The teen’s childhood Christmas compilations including the ones where she sings are still adorable.
- We lost some of the tree lights and couldn’t find them until the tree was lit.
- Dark chocolate hummus is very tasty on raspberries.
- My big dumb cat Oz is always a party favorite.
- It’s fun to have mismatched wine glasses
- One second you have plenty of brownies and macaroons and the next they are gone.
And no Christmas tree is complete without a spectacle of putting up the star: