Inspired by my mother’s 8-tracks and records in the corner of the old farm house’s dining room, where the floor slanted down and where my dad once stored his motorcycle— the only non-Harley he ever had, a black Kawasaki.
Thanks to Spotify, I’ve listened to many albums that I used to borrow from my mother. At least half of these I think I know every word on the album. (1, 3, 5, 8)
These aren’t in any particular order.
But they sure do inspire a 70s vibe in me.
1. Tapestry, Carole King
2. LA Woman, The Doors
3. Abbey Road, The Beatles
4. Greatest Hits, The Eagles
5. We Must Believe in Magic, Crystal Gayle
6. Urinals are 50% Universal, George Carlin
7. Alice’s Restaurant, Arlo Guthrie
8. Glass Houses, Billy Joel
9. Surrealistic Pillow, Jefferson Airplane