I started today with pancakes I requested from the Teenager because she said she had to use up this homemade fruit filling she made for a pie, and it did not set. The pancakes were so damn good I ate at least a dozen.
Then, as we struggled with a carb coma, The Teenager and I tackled our taxes. We both finished federal and state, but I couldn’t efile state because of my schedule C for the business. We both ran out of steam and will file local later. I am getting a federal refund, which I hope will allow me to offset the increase in the Teen driver’s insurance premiums.
And I’m out of half and half– so before my canine therapeutic evaluation tomorrow there will be no coffee at home. This is not the best way to start a Monday. But the service dogs should offset that.
If you really want to see the weekend decline of my eating habits…
What I ate Saturday:
- 5:30 a.m., two cups Friendly’s Mint Chocolate Chip coffee, with half and half
- 9 a.m., breakfast, Ozery multigrain sandwich thin with Ithaca garlic hummus and Cabon harissa
- 1 p.m., “lunch,” two slices ring bologna, two almond chips, and a handful of key lime gluten free granola
- 2 p.m., editing fuel, Coke Zero and two bags of australian licorice, about 6 servings? or more?
- 7 p.m., dinner, an enormous homemade quesadilla with mounds of cheese, chicken and beans, Coke Zero with tequila
- 8 p.m., mini banana flavored moon pie
(and about 60 ounces of water)
What I ate today:
- 5:30 a.m. Supercoffee with half and half from little aseptic containers
- 10 a.m., breakfast, a dozen homemade pancakes with homemade mixed berry syrup
- 3 p.m. cold brew from Dunkin
- 6:30 p.m., I hope to have cottage cheese, raisins and gluten free granola for dinner
(and about 48 ounces water)
To read the original post and see the new newsletter…Finally— the relaunch of the newsletter