So as part of her birthday extravaganza I took the teenager’s mail and packages, compiled it into a box and gave it to her with her birthday cake during a small birthday dinner with her paternal grandparents.
In the box was her June 2020 Universal Yums box.
I explained to the grandparents what this was all about— a monthly themed box of snacks from a certain region of the world.
I didn’t expect that after a mountain of meat loaf she could keep eating.
Best of the box:
- The teenager loved the banana toffee.
- We both liked the intense pickled onion rings.
- The teenager enjoyed the shortbread.
Worst of the box:
- The honey mustard potato chips were dull by my standards and too much for the teen. [after a while, the Mackie’s if Scotland crisps starting growing on me— the flavor and texture was perfect.)
- We were all rather confused by the lamb and mint chips. They were weird. And not in a good way.