As my regular readers may know, I recently started helping a friend of a friend launch her social media marketing for her solopreneurship, woman-owned business, Lucha Bella Skin Care and Body Waxing.
I hesitate to call her a client, because I help her with her publicity and she gives me a facial once a month. I’m so grateful for the opportunity to learn more about skin care.
My interest in make-up and skin care came late in life and I think I was also a late bloomer when it came to developing my own sense of style. So to help Merri with her business is also a great way for me to grow and take better care of myself.
So, please please please if you are local to the Lehigh Valley consider checking out Lucha Bella, like the Facebook page, find Merri on Instagram at @luchabella_skincare and book online via http://www.luchabella.com.
I am by far no influencer, but I am a real person with a real life perspective so without further ado let me share with you what I have learned about getting a facial.
- It’s not just about your face. The Bella Facial at Lucha Bella involves the face, neck, shoulders, hands and arms.
- It’s a great stress reliever— the Bella Facial includes a variety of massage that leaves the upper body feeling loose and amazing.
- You esthetician can help you with your individual skin problems and work with you on how to not only look good but also maintain healthy skin.
- The attention and solace provides a mental rest and a sense of rejuvenation that matches the glow you will see in your skin.
- A Bella Facial includes waxing the chin, upper lip and eyebrows, so not only does losing the dead skin make you feel and look younger, but you don’t have to spend your time plucking. And professional products are less harsh on the skin, reducing redness and potential irritation.
- An esthetician has access to the latest industry products so you don’t have to waste your money on things you may not like or may forget to use.
The experience to me is about a place of peace, the fact that I come out with fresh skin and free of my physical tension is a bonus.
It’s a lovely reminder to slow down and be kind to yourself.
And for me it’s extra fun as I get to try adventurous new products like a collagen mask that dried like clay on my face. It went on super cold and thick like honey. My skin absorbed the collagen which made the mask warm and dried it out. Some of the pieces didn’t come off as nicely as Merri would have liked, but they made this amazing clinking sound as they hit each other.
It made my skin feel fresh and refreshed.