I believe it is Wednesday. I’m fairly sure because the teenager keeps talking about taking the garbage out, and I had a chiropractor appointment this morning.
She and I talked a bit about the mental component of health and wellness.
My blog post yesterday reinforced it for me. The “do one more” mentality.
But at the same time—
No matter who you are:
- Forgive yourself when your house is dirty. Sometimes you don’t feel well; sometimes you are emotionally stripped; sometimes you are busy living life and enjoying the ephemeral moments.
- Forgive yourself when your values and what is important to you doesn’t line up with the rest of the world. Yes, I’m a crazy cat lady and I work in a warehouse even though I’ve had a professional career and lots of education.
- Forgive yourself when you can’t keep up. Yes, people want you to do things and people need you, but sometimes you can divide a project that you could do in one day over four days.
- Forgive yourself when you feel needy. Sometimes you have to ask for that hug or for help.
- Forgive yourself when you want to be alone. Don’t guilt yourself if you need rest or merely some quiet time.
- Forgive yourself if you aren’t where you want to be. Sometimes the journey goes unexpected places. Embrace it.